> Hi Everyone!
> Hope everyone is enjoying all the fall auctions and shows. HDAS also has a Dinner Speaker night featuring Mark Denaro on Saturday November 16 at the Waterdown Legion. The evening starts at 6 with a meet and greet. Mark will be presenting 2 talks. One on Anibandits and the other on Salt Water fish. The cost is only $25.00 and includes dinner and desert. Let me know if you would like tickets (firstname.lastname@example.org). Ted Judy will also be speaking in Chatham on Sat. Nov 9. Check out their website for more info. Another fabulous speaker.
> Our speaker this month is Tom Mason and he will be talking about crayfish and shrimp. I’m looking forward to this presentation. Our December program is all about Christmas with a Neighbour to Neighbour Food Drive. Please bring non perishable food items to support the event. Sarah will feature a fishy table with donation from YOU. Your donations do not need to be fish related. All the proceeds go to help less fortunate families. Noel will be hosting a Fish Trivia game and prizes, pizza and wings to celebrate the season.
> Hope to see you at the meeting.
> Hi Everyone!
I hope all H&DAS members are enjoying these milder days of summer. But on those hot days that are likely to come, have a look at some of the newer social media features we have added for your enjoyment:
- The forum is now Facebook enabled. If you already have a forum account, go ahead and link your Facebook account under profile settings. If you are new to the discussion forum, save yourself some time by just logging in by clicking the Connect to Facebook button. The H&DAS forum is the official place for community support and news about H&DAS happenings and members.
- Our gallery is upgrading to use Flickr. In the coming weeks, photos of Auctions, Shows, trips, and Home Shows will still be available on the website, but they will be stored in our Flickr Photostream. As a special feature for members, photos can now be shared easily to our Flickr Group. So get out your cameras, log in to Flickr, and start sharing those great pictures!
- Last, for those Plussers, a Google+ page is set up as yet another place to catch the H&DAS news.
Plug in, connect your wireless, tap in to what is available from H&DAS this summer!
A brief summary of some upcoming events. Stay tuned…
1. HDAS BBQ – this was our first club BBQ. It was held at Carla’s home. We had a great turn out with 25 members coming out all bringing a little bit of their fish expertise. We enjoyed hot dogs, burgs, sausage and many salads and deserts were brought along by the many HDAS group. It was a great night and the weather participated. I’m sure we will do this again.
2. Speaker Line Up – Sept – Klaus Steinhouse – Cares Program – Oct – Frank Aquaire – Most Beautiful Aquariums – Nov – Tom Mason – Crayfish, Lobsters and Shrimp – Dec – Christmas Party, Neighbour to Neighbour Food Drive
3. Sat. Sept 21 – HDAS Fall Auction and Vendors Table – Waterdown Legion. If anyone is interested in purchasing a vendors table, please contact Carla email@example.com
4. Hamilton and District Aquarium Society is please to announce that Mark Denaro will be our Guest Dinner Speaker on Saturday November 16th at the Waterdown Legion. He will be presenting 2 programs – Hope you can join us. The cost is $25 and includes a fantastic dinner and prizes. To purchase your ticket please contact a member of the HDAS executive. Thanks and have a great summer!
Just a reminder that our trip to Moores Water Gardens in Port Stanley is tomorrow Sun. June 2. Meet at my place @ 9:30 am. Need directions email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our May 9th program will be a presentation on “Import regulations” concerning aquarium fish by Edward H Creighton D.V.M.
Hope you can join us.
Hamilton and District Aquarium Society is pleased to announce that Mark Denaro will be our Guest Dinner Speaker on Saturday November 16th at the Waterdown Legion. He will be presenting 2 programs. Hope you can join us. For more information please check the dinner speaker feature on the website.